Transition to Clean Energy Technologies in Refining & Petrochemicals
Time: 5:30 PM (IST) / 8:00 AM (EST) / 7:00 AM (CST)
Please view the AGENDA for the Webinar HERE
Please join us for a webinar highlighting refining & petrochemical technology opportunities in India for U.S. exporters
For any queries regarding the webinar please contact Renie Subin Renie.Subin@trade.gov and/or Amitabh Kumar firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Ishita Sengupta email@example.com
India’s oil and gas sector contributes almost 15% to its GDP and plays a critical role in its economic growth. The country plans to majorly expand its refining and petrochemical capacities in the next ten years to meet India’s rising demand for energy and for increasing export capabilities. This would call for Indian refineries to invest billions of dollars in expansion programs through both brownfield and greenfield projects. India is also witnessing a changed scenario in the refining and petrochemical business with the objective of sustainable growth and a reduction in emissions.
Target Industries and Sectors:
- Refinery & Petrochemicals with emphasis to Specialty Chemicals
- Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage
- Green / Blue Hydrogen – An option for future
- CO2 to Chemicals
- Decarbonization through Renewable Energy
- Water Recycling & Zero Liquid Discharge in Refineries
Why Attend the Webinar?
- Please see the MoU between the American Chamber of Commerce in India and Centre for High Technology on U.S.-India Collaboration in Refining and Petrochemical Industry HERE
- India to double its refining capacity to 450 MMTPA, provides substantive opportunities for US companies engaged in downstream sector.
- GOI targets to invest $10 billion in Gas pipelines network
- GOI will also provide fiscal incentives to attract investment & technologies to improve recoveries from oil fields; expected hydrocarbon production worth $745 billion in next 20 years from these oilfields. State run oil firms also investing $111 million in LPG infrastructure.
- Planned bio CNG plants and allied infrastructure at the cost $1.1 billion.
- Targets to Carbon Capture Storage Utilization for enhance oil recovery as well near zero emissions, thus creating massive opportunities for U.S. advanced technologies. GOI submitted its commitment to UNFCCC COP 21 at Paris.
What can you gain by participating in the Webinar?
Network with Senior Management of Indian Oil & Gas companies, Policymakers & other key stakeholders
By joining AMCHAM India, you become part of an active and dynamic Apex Chamber of U.S. Industry in India with a membership base of more than 400 American companies in India. AMCHAM is an important voice for policy advocacy, a critical source for business intelligence, a vibrant platform for networking and expanding your business.