American Chamber of Commerce in India
Apex Chamber of U.S. Industry in India
Explore Refining & Petrochemical Opportunities in India
Date: Monday, April 5, 2021
Time: 5:30 PM (IST) / 8:00 AM (EST) / 7:00 AM (CST)
Please join us for a webinar highlighting refining & petrochemical technology opportunities in India for U.S. exporters
India’s oil and gas sector contributes almost 15% to its GDP and plays a critical role in its economic growth. The country plans to majorly expand its refining and petrochemical capacities in the next ten years to meet India’s rising demand for energy and for increasing export capabilities. This would call for Indian refineries to invest billions of dollars in expansion programs through both brownfield and greenfield projects. India is also witnessing a changed scenario in the refining and petrochemical business with the objective of sustainable growth and a reduction in emissions.
Target Industries and Sectors:
- Refinery & Petrochemicals with emphasis to Specialty Chemicals
- Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage
- Green / Blue Hydrogen – An option for future
CO2 to Chemicals
- Decarbonization through Renewable Energy
- Water Recycling & Zero Liquid Discharge in Refineries
- Please see the MoU between the American Chamber of Commerce in India and Centre for High Technology on U.S.-India Collaboration in Refining and Petrochemical Industry HERE
- India to double its refining capacity to 450 MMTPA, provides substantive opportunities for US companies engaged in downstream sector.
- GOI targets to invest $10 billion in Gas pipelines network
- GOI will also provide fiscal incentives to attract investment & technologies to improve recoveries from oil fields; expected hydrocarbon production worth $745 billion in next 20 years from these oilfields. State run oil firms also investing $111 million in LPG infrastructure.
- Planned bio CNG plants and allied infrastructure at the cost $1.1 billion.
- Targets to Carbon Capture Storage Utilization for enhance oil recovery as well near zero emissions, thus creating massive opportunities for U.S. advanced technologies. GOI submitted its commitment to UNFCCC COP 21 at Paris.